Saturday, March 21, 2015

This is what "nesting" looks like for me.

In a fit of inspiration, I made a console table for my living room. Shout out to my mother for letting me use her driveway as a makeshift workshop.


The console has a sort of rustic/industrial vibe, so I added some decorative hardware in the form of brackets and bolts. They're spray painted with Rustoleum's Oil-Rubbed Bronze. It's a great effect; I've since used it on two lamps, several Breyer horses, and the pig which resides on my kitchen counter.




Obligatory detail shot below. This table was stained with Minwax Special Walnut. I purposely chose boards with crazy knots to enhance the wabi sabi, jolie laide look that I love seeing in furniture.


So here it is, all set up in my living room, accompanied by the aforementioned Breyer horses and lamp. And Harry Potter.


No comments:

Post a Comment