Monday, June 2, 2014

Paddle boarding among the mangroves



I went paddle boarding (with my mother and her boyfriend) for the first time on June 1, 2014, at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park. The weather was gorgeous and the wildlife was abundant. We saw a few stingrays, lots of birds, fish, crabs, and some incredible sea slug-looking critters that had been washed ashore by the receding tide.

I managed to get some footage from the trip on my GoPro camera; it was my first time really putting it through its paces. I need to invest in some RainX so I can avoid those droplets on the lens next time.

I'm really glad that I was able to visit MacArthur Park one more time before I leave Florida for a while.

More updates coming soon; I have a few upcoming posts from previous adventures, as well as the inevitable onslaught of travel updates as I make my way westward, to Washington. 

1 comment: