Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Snow!

Remember what I said about my campsite being so cold? Well -- it snowed!


I was awoken around midnight by what I thought was rain on the roof of my van. I looked out of my window, but it was pitch-black outside and freezing, so I shrugged and shivered and snuggled up back inside the warmth of my sleeping bag/fleece blanket combo.


Later on, around 4 a.m., the sky began to brighten, so I set about making my morning tea. Once it was ready, I started to take down my window shades and I could not believe my eyes: my campsite was blanketed in white. I put on my wool coat and my boots and went outside to explore my winter wonderland.



I took a walk a little way up the infamous forest road from the day before, and I took a bunch of photos of the van and my surroundings. Look at the snow on my solar panels! I was able to brush some off with my ice scraper/brush (glad I brought that along!) Luckily, the rest of it melted and fell away as I  drove down from the 10,000 feet of elevation I was camped at.



Waking up to snow in Wyoming was such an incredible treat. I can't believe the amazing experiences I've had in this state. I've said it before and I will keep saying it -- I cannot wait to go back there.

1 comment: