Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A lovely day at Tallulah Gorge


My older sister and I had planned this trip for a long time. I'm so glad we went; Tallulah Gorge is a beautiful place. The water churned and flowed in stunning shades of blue and turquoise and amber, and the trees and rocks and everything else was so amazing to see in person. You really need to visit this place!




There are a few hikes available in the park; there's one that takes you around the rim of the gorge, and a much more strenuous hike that leads down to the river's edge. In the above right photo, you can see one of the intrepid wanderers who hiked down to the bottom of the gorge.

The park wasn't terribly busy, but there was a steady stream of people walking around, so wildlife wasn't exactly in abundance. I was, however, able to make the acquaintance of this fuzzy buddy:



10/10 -- I do recommend a visit to Tallulah Gorge. I hear it's brilliant in the autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment