Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tieton Love Affair


I spent my first night in Washington in Wenatchee National Forest. I found a little campsite that backed up to the Tieton River. It was far enough from the road that my van was almost invisible unless you were looking for it.

Perfect.


The photo above showcases my "front yard." It does absolutely no justice to the scale and detail of the rock formations that existed there. The photo below is the Tieton River -- my "backyard."


I was unaware of it then, but this campsite would become something of a home base for me over the course of the next few weeks. I didn't know it, but I had found a peace there that I had never known before, and that I will carry with me always. I began to uncover things within me that I didn't know were there. The river current, the wildlife, and the mountains that surrounded me would become the major catalyst in steering me onto the amazing life path that I am now walking upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment