Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Grove of The Patriarchs

I spent a lot of time wandering Mount Rainier National Park in June. I would be hard-pressed to name a favorite place or moment during the trip, but my stroll through the Grove of The Patriarchs was certainly a highlight. If you visit, take this walk as early as you can in the morning: 5-8 A.M. during the summer is a nice time. Everything looks magical in the morning light.


The Ohanapecosh River (pictured above) was a clear, crystalline green; the water was so inviting that I ended up relaxing on its shore for almost an hour before continuing through the grove. It was so peaceful.





Remember what I told you about visiting in the early morning? I don't know if you can tell from the photo above, but the redwoods in the grove gave off this steam that the morning light refracted off of, making everything look ethereal. It made me think of the morning mists that blanket the mountains around there. 



There was a fun swinging bridge over the Ohanapecosh River - from the center of the bridge, you can look straight down to the bottom of the river and observe all of the smooth river rocks below.



I loved walking through this grove. It's quietude and beauty rekindled a sense of peace within me and reminded me to take the time to be still and to observe the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment