Friday, April 25, 2014

Stephen Foster State Park: Azalea Festival 2011!

In March 2011, I stayed in a cabin at Stephen Foster State Park (yes, the Stephen Foster, folk singer of "Old Folks at Home" fame) with my mother, my older sister, and my two nieces. It was a fun experience for everyone, and our stay there happened to coincide with the park's annual Azalea Festival. Everything was in bloom, including the park's famous azaleas.




I was trying to capture the patterns on the inside of one particular azalea flower when a bee photo-bombed my shot! I was so pleased. Look at him, hard at work. I love bees.





My nieces got into all kinds of harmless mischief at the park; I don't get to see them often, so it was nice to spend time with them and watch them be kids. See that proud girl standing in front of the campfire? She made that all by herself: it was her first campfire!


I have a few more posts to share on the topic of White Springs; we spent quite a bit of time there. We went hiking, horseback riding, and did quite a bit of local exploring (and loafing about). If you have any questions about the park or the surrounding areas, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment